Ocean 14 Capital is a unique collaboration between the founders of the Blue Marine Foundation, Gottex and Pontos Aqua; focused on solving the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal 14: Life Below Water.Ocean 14 Capital is an impact investment firm that invests in growth companies and technologies in the Blue Economy that offer both environmental gains for our oceans and competitive financial gains for our investors.
OUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT
- They cover 71% of the planet’s surface & and contain 66% of life on earth
- The ‘Blue Economy’ is estimated at $3 trillion and provides 200 million jobs
- The oceans are the largest absorber and sequester of carbon: 25% of CO2 produced.
- They are a vital food source of food & protein for almost 3 billion people.
- Our oceans are at risk from rising temperatures, dead zones, reef depletion, plastic pollution, overfishing – and the next ten years could be crucial to their survival.