African Frontier Capital (AFC) is an investment group that has been dedicated to providing capital to sub Saharan Africa’s burgeoning entrepreneurs and companies since 2010.
We are IMPACT investors.
Currently providing receivable financing solutions to PAYGO Off-Grid Solar Home System (SHS) companies through its wholly owned subsidiary Solar Frontier Capital.
- AFC was established in 2010 as an investment holding company to invest into African growth platforms.
- We are experienced having transacted across renewable energy, real estate, ICT, rail, aviation, power, agriculture and service sectors including successful exits with on the ground transactional experience in East, West and Southern Africa.
- Off-Grid Solar (OGS): AFC is currently deploying capital through its dedicated impact investment vehicle, Solar Frontier Capital (SFC), which has been established to provide working capital financing to pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) solar home system (SHS) companies operating in Africa and beyond.
- Award Winning:
- 2017 Awardee of the Scaling Off-Grid Energy (SOGE) Grand Challenge for Development
- Private Equity Africa Magazine’s Special Recognition Exit of the Year Award 2015